|Nicholas Treanor and Property Bridges would like to thank all of the people who took the time to complete the survey we carried out in December. It was of great assistance and the feedback we have received on the research findings to date has been extremely positive.|
Below are 4 of the key findings of the survey, they are as follows:
|1. 60% of respondents stated that their primary motivation for investing in property crowdfunding was to “achieve better financial returns than are currently available elsewhere”.|
2. Almost 50% of respondents would have a preference for investing in development loans to fund the building of social housing for onward sale to a Local Authority.
3. Buy to let loan offerings and loans to assist an owner-occupier with purchasing their commercial premises (first charge security) were also of strong interest to respondents.
4. The majority of respondents (67%) had a preferred investment time horizon of between 6 to 24 months and the vast majority has annual return expectations of greater than 7.5%.
These insights are invaluable to Property Bridges as they show us where to focus our resources in 2020 and beyond.
|These insights are invaluable to Property Bridges as they show us where to focus our resources in 2020 and beyond.|
• We are pleased to say that due diligence is currently being undertaken on 2 social housing projects. We expect these will be live on the platform in March / April.
• December saw our first BTL mortgage in Castleknock and we hope to have 2 more BTL offerings in March. The BTL mortgages will suit lenders who would prefer a lower risk product over a longer time period.
• We are currently assessing two commercial investment offerings which we hope to have live on the platform in March / April.